SAFE imparts extensive training for skill development and empowerment of the poor women from community who are the most marginal and the vulnerable section of society. The program further encourages & promotes sale of the handmade eco-friendly useful products with the revenue generated from them supporting the monthly stipend of communities involved & in the sustenance of this green initiative.
The services that are provided to this community are as hereunder:
• Capacity building exercises and hands-on training for the trade.
• Permission to join the retail team on commission based incentives without capitation fee and security deposits.
• Initiation to micro-insurance schemes
• Free medical camps and sanitation awareness programme
• Credit linkage facility after successful completion of training
Benefits to the members:
• Alternative economic opportunity for sustaining livelihood
• Skill development and financial inclusion
• Social assurance and better lifestyle
Management & Governance: The deemed Integrated Solid Waste Management micro enterprise associated with SAFE is absolutely owned by the women members.
Community members elect their representatives & they have a say in decision making. The model of the business is member centric to peer group oriented. The members own the business & this makes them work with greater dedication while the peer groups emerge as joint liability groups for sustaining the business economics; also, when they formulate the rules & regulations they are less likely to violate them. This makes the system both strong & transparent.